Steger Hall Conference Center
Facility Specs and Capabilities
- 176-person occupancy
- Tiered, theater-style seating
- Windows computer at podium
- Backup Windows computer
Multimedia & Equipment
- 1x Podium built-in Microphone
- 2x Wireless Lavalier Microphones
- 1x Wireless Handheld Microphones
- Projector and Screen
- Laptop hookup (VGA only)
- Laser pointer with slide changer
- Video streaming via Zoom (audio & presentation only, no room cameras)
Information and Guidelines
Fralin Life Sciences Institute at Steger Hall Front Desk.
Hours of Availability & Accessibility
- The Conference Center is available for reservation Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. only. All events must conclude by 5:00 p.m. We cannot accommodate after hours or weekend events.
- The Conference Center will be unlocked 30 minutes prior to your event. Should you need assistance, proceed to the reception desk located on the second floor of Steger Hall.
- Please contact the Steger Hall Front Desk if you are aware of an individual with a disability and desire accommodation.
Audio Visual Equipment and Services
- The Fralin Life Sciences Institute staff provides set-up assistance only for events.
- Please ensure you have an A/V technician or someone else capable of using the A/V system for the duration of your event. We allow 30 minutes prior to your event for IT set-up.
- The Conference Center has the capability to video stream via Zoom, but is limited to audio and presentation only. It is the responsibility of the user to have their own Zoom account and create a Zoom meeting prior to the event. The Fralin Life Sciences Institute does not create Zoom meetings for users.
- Please be advised, there is no room camera.
Facilities and Equipment
- The Conference Center has a standard setup and inventory of furniture and A/V equipment that must not be removed from the room. All facilities requests beyond what is standard to the room will need to be requested on the reservation form, specifically under Additional Facilities Information, and is subject to availability.
- The Conference Center has an adjacent lobby that may be used for registration and/or food service purposes and must be requested on the reservation form.
- No permanent markers are allowed, only dry erase markers may be used on the whiteboard.
- No hanging or sticking any materials to any of the surfaces of the Conference Center.
- Food and drink are allowed in the Conference Center.
- The intention to serve food at an event must be specified on the reservation form at the time of the request.
- Event hosts are responsible for arranging catering, setup and cleanup of all food and drinks.
- Please indicate if the event will be self catered or professionally catered, set up/ take down times, and any other information on the reservation form under the Food Service Information section.
- If you would like to have your event advertised on the Biocomplexity Institute website, please indicate that on the reservation form and provide a maximum of one paragraph describing your event.
- Event hosts are responsible for event attendees, setup and cleanup of the event, catering, etc.
- Damages to property and equipment caused by event host or attendees is the responsibility of event host and should be reported to the Biocomplexity Institute Front Desk staff immediately.
Changes and Cancellations
- Please report any changes or cancellations to your reservation at least 24 hours prior to your event by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reserve the Conference Center
To make a reservation request, contact Kim Borkowski at email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the event. A reservation request form will be sent to your email address for you to fill out and submit. Please note that approval of the request is subject to Conference Center and staff availability. Once your request is processed, you will receive an email, either confirming the reservation or informing you it is not available.