- School of Plant and Environmental Sciences
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Dr. Fukao focuses on elucidation of the regulatory mechanisms underlying response and tolerance to submergence, drought, and nutrient deficiency in rice, soybean, and wheat, aiding in the improvement of stress tolerance in the major crop species.
Current research projects are:
- Identification and functional characterization of genes involved in submergence and drought tolerance in rice and soybean using a combination of approaches including genetics, genomics, physiology, molecular biology, and bioinformatics.
- Comprehensive and systematic understanding of the complex signaling networks which orchestrate multiple stress tolerance (submergence, drought, and nutrient deficiency) in rice and soybean.
- Physiological and molecular dissection of nitrogen use efficiency in wheat.